On Sunday I decided to do some baking. One of the things I made was this succulent, tasty carrot cake.
- 170gms brown sugar
- 170gms sunflower oil
- 170gms self raising flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 130gms grated carrots
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp ground nutmeg. If you have fresh all the better as it will taste better
- Preheat the oven to 180C or gas mark 4.
- Line an 18cm cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Add sugar to a mixing bowl along with the oil and eggs. Mix everything together then stir in the carrots and lemon zest.
- Sift in the flour, bicarb and the spices then mix everything together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until you can slide a skewer in and and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack. Remove the paper and either allow to totally cool or serve immediately with some cream or ice cream.
This is a really great carrot cake recipe. It’s moist, delicious and should be something you try to make at least once.