Milk Chocolate Tart
Rich, creamy and chocolaty, that’s how you can explain how this lovely tart tastes. If you use a good quality chocolate then this chocolate tart will be so scrumptious everyone will be begging you for the recipe. Another great way of using that homemade shortcrust pastry you have just made!
- 300g white flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 150g butter cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 300g milk chocolate. Either Galaxy of Dairy Milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl then add the egg and butter, mixing until mixed together.
- Put the dough inside a freezer bag or clingfilm then leave to settle in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the dough and roll it out so it fits inside a large quiche or tart tin.
- Add baking beans to the base.
- Pre-bake the tart base in the oven on 200C or gas mark 6 for 10 minutes then remove. Remove the baking beans and cook for another 5 minutes before removing and allowing to cool.
- Melt chocolate over boiling water until soft and melted. Don’t overdo this step as the chocolate will go lumpy.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together then add the melted chocolate slowly to the mixture whisking as you pour the chocolate into the mix.
- Pour the mixture onto the pre-baked tart and spread evenly over the base.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and set in the fridge for about 2 hours
Serve with either whipped cream, ice cream or on it’s own for a rich and tasty chocolate taste.