Heres a quick and tasty meal you can try now that the nights are drawing in and it looks like summer is over for this year.
Sausage casserole is really simple to make, you can add anything you want as it’s so adaptable. If you do try this let me know how you went on, especially if you changed or added other ingredients.
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp ginger powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 litre veg stock
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 sausage
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 300g can cannellini beans
- ½ cup of dried chickpeas (Before you use them soak overnight in water)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup of dried butter beans (Before you use them soak overnight in water)
- Cook the sliced potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Heat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6.
- While the potatoes are cooking, take a large casserole dish and put all the other ingredients in, stirring everything together.
- Add any herbs and spices you have and stir everything together.
- If needed top up with water until everything is covered. Put the lid back on and place in the centre of the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour then add the potatoes and cook for a further 30 minutes or until everything is cooked.
- Serve in big bowls with homemade crusty bread.